If you are thinking of a Valentine’s Day trip with your someone special, then this post is for you! From the sights and sounds of the Big Apple to Las Vegas and everywhere in between, I’ll highlight some special destinations that you might want to consider.
1. New York, New York – Everyone wants to visit during the Christmas and New Year’s time frame, so prices are higher and supply is less. Why not go in February and celebrate Cupid’s holiday? You can still enjoy the ice rink at Rockefeller Center, horse-drawn carriage rides through Central Park, strolling thru Manhattan, Broadway shows and musicals, a walk through the unique High Line (elevated park) and reign it all in with a stay at the amazing Gansevoort Hotel in the Meatpacking District. Gansevoort offers fabulous views, luxury amenities and superb quality. The hotel’s Valentine’s Day package offers extras like roses, chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne. Get a late check-out and spend some time lounging by the heated outdoor rooftop pool. Find out more at http://www.gansevoorthotelgroup.com/hotels/gansevoort-meatpacking-nyc.
2. Las Vegas, Nevada – Many folks propose or marry in Las Vegas, so it only seems fitting to think of Sin City as a romantic getaway. What would make a special Valentine’s Day in the city for high rollers? Well, for starters the Bellagio Fountains! The romantic setting on the lake in front of the resort, beautiful music, the soaring fountains…the ambiance is certainly fitting! And, a little touch of Venice (one of the world’s most romantic cities) can be experienced in Vegas at none other than the Venetian hotel. Canals and gondolas modeled after Venice wind their way through the resort…and you can also hire a singing gondolier! Check out MonteLago Village, about 17 miles from the strip, a shopping and dining area in the essence of an Italian village. Guests can upgrade their cruises on gondolas to include roses, a disposable camera and more. For more Vegas-style ideas, visit http://www.vegas.com/valentinesday/.
3. Savannah, Georgia – The cobblestone streets of Savannah coupled with the Spanish moss and charm of the south make me feel comfortable with recommending this destination as a Valentine getaway. Enjoy brunch aboard a riverboat cruise and delight in the special flavors of Leopold’s Ice Cream (Rose Petal Cream and Chocolate Cherry Cordial) only available in February. For accommodations, choose a romantic inn or Bed and Breakfast rather than a hotel. More info can be found at http://www.visitsavannah.com/.
4. Grapevine, Texas – The Christmas Capital of Texas also offers a wonderful Valentine’s Day treat! The Sweetheart Wine Trail, February 14 and 15: Romance the day away with someone special along the Sweetheart Wine Trail in Grapevine. Featuring three tastings and food samplings at each participating Grapevine winery tasting room, a souvenir wine glass and a bottle of premium Grapevine wine, this is a unique and festive way to celebrate Cupid’s arrow. I recommend two accommodations in Grapevine: Gaylord Texas and Great Wolf Lodge. For more details, visit http://www.GrapevineWineryTrail.com.
5. Orange Beach, Alabama – If you want to consider the beach as a Valentine’s Day destination, Orange Beach is an awesome choice! Hampton Inn & Suites says “Savor the Sweet Stuff” – Nothing says I love you like chocolates, bubbly and flowers. Add a free gift from Fusion Spa Salon and you’ve got a winner! Check out Hampton at http://hamptonorangebeach.com/orange-beach-romance-package/. Also, check out Life’s a Bed of Roses at Holiday Inn Express – A bed covered in rose petals says it all. Let them take care of setting the scene, including champagne and $25 toward a romantic sunset meal at Cobalt Restaurant. Two days advance purchase required. Must be 21 for champagne. Click here to book http://holidayinnexpressorangebeach.com/orange-beach-romance-package/. And, there’s the Just the Two of You Valentine’s package at Hilton Garden Inn! When was the last time you did anything for yourselves? Take some time for the two of you with sparkling wine, free breakfast for two, late check-out and a free gift from Fusion Spa Salon. Book it now at http://hiltongardeninnorangebeach.com/orange-beach-romance-packages/.
Look around the blog for other Valentine’s Day ideas such as the Sail Across the Sun Music Festival with Train on Norwegian Pearl and the Winter Romance in Blue Ridge, Georgia. Whatever you choose, enjoy your celebration and make some memories.