2015 Buick Regal AWD GS
Class: Midsize Sedan
Fuel Economy: 19/27
Base Price: $39,810
I am old enough to remember General Motor’s introduction of the very first Buick Regal way back in the early 1970s (for the record, I was a very small child at the time). There was such a fuss and it was such a big sedan…personal luxury was brought about in this vehicle. It was loved by all.
In 2011, Buick re-introduced the Regal to North American markets and nostalgia swept in reminding one of all the reasons folks first fell for this icon: a statement of personal luxury space, cutting-edge elements of the time and performance oriented features…the perfect family sedan.
Meet the 2015 Buick Regal. At a glance, the rear and front fascia remind consumers that this is clearly a Regal, exuding her exterior good looks in a more streamline fashion. Past that, a look under the hood shows off her 2.0-liter, turbocharged engine…yep, she’s spunky!
And, then there’s the interior. High-quality craftsmanship surrounds all who enjoy the drive/ride with leather-trimmed seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel. The cabin layout and design is comfortable and thoughtful with controls at the driver’s fingertips and in line with the center console for aesthetically pleasing visuals. The Bose premium 9-speaker audio system is a huge bonus as well as the remote and keyless start system. So many technical advances are available on this Buick from OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in WiFi hotspot to Buick’s exclusive Interactive Drive Control system (allowing the selection of different drive modes).
A FEW FACTS:
• The Buick Regal offers HiPer Strut front suspension enhancing ride and handling by reducing torque steer; more linear and communicative steering through improved camber control; and improved impact isolation on bumps and rough surfaces.
• Advanced Haldex all-wheel-drive system is available, providing the most traction in all driving conditions.
• E-Z Key passive entry system and keyless push-button start are standard on the Regal as are heated front seats.
• Signature QuietTuning features enables one of the segment’s most quiet and refined driving experiences.
• Experience Buick Protection includes two years/24,000 miles of scheduled maintenance, including oil changes, oil filter changes and tire rotations.
• The Buick Regal has eight standard air bags and a standard rear vision camera system.
• StabiliTrak stability control system with full-function traction control is another safety feature of this vehicle as well.
• Engine – 2.0L I-4 turbocharged VVT with direct injection
• Transmission – Hydra-Matic 6T40 six-speed automatic or F40-6 six-speed manual
• Driveline – Front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive
• Horsepower – 259 @ 5300 rpm
• Torque – 295 lb-ft @2500 rpm
My favorite features on the Regal aside from the stylish, comfy interior, and refined good looks includes the rear vision back up camera, the dashboard control design, the superior audio system, the interior back seat leg room and the pep when jumping out into the traffic. Check out the new Buick Regal today at http://www.Buick.com or test drive one for the full effect.
Photos courtesy of Buick.