Norwegian Cruise Line’s US-flagged Pride of America returned to her homeport of Honolulu Saturday, March 26, as a nearly new ship following a three and half week dry dock where she received ship-wide enhancements, including newly designed public spaces, brand new venues and refreshed décor in all staterooms. Pride of America’s extensive renovation is a part of The Norwegian Edge™ program, a $400 million investment that sets a new standard of excellence for the Norwegian brand encompassing the entire guest experience.
Many of Pride of America’s public spaces, along with several of the ships’ restaurants as well as bars and lounges, were refreshed from top to bottom to receive a modern updated look with new contemporary décor and furniture as well as new lighting and flooring. Every stateroom aboard Pride of America was touched by this renovation, receiving new bedding, new furniture, new flat screen televisions and updated flooring.
New and refreshed spaces include:
- Soho Art Gallery (new), an expansive venue that features original works of art available for purchase.
- Perspectives Photo Studio (new), an area for couples, families and friends to have professional photo memories made of their vacation.
- Dolce Gelato (new), Norwegian’s signature gelateria.
- Those looking to tie-the-knot while in any of the ship’s enchanting ports-of-call can do so in the ship’s wedding chapel, now in a new location on deck six with new flooring, furniture and wall fixtures.
- The ship’s pool deck underwent a complete refurbishment to create an upscale feel onboard with a refinished pool, new loungers and Jacuzzis.
- Guests looking to enjoy some quiet time can now do so in the completely transformed Conservatory; complete with new furniture, flooring and modern décor; and the library and card rooms, which were outfitted with new flooring, furniture and six computer stations for Internet access, for those who prefer to leave their personal devices at home.
- Relaxation will take center stage at The Mandara Spa, which is being expanded and revitalized to feature more treatment rooms so guests can enjoy massages, facials and more. The spa will feature New Mexican décor including soft, neutral colors and natural elements like stone and wood to provide a tranquil atmosphere.
Dining enhancements for Pride of America include extensive renovations to all of the existing complimentary dining venues, most notably the ship’s Skyline Main Dining Room, which received a refreshed look with new décor including a new entrance, new carpet design, new furniture upholstery, new window drapes and new columns throughout the restaurant. La Cucina, Norwegian’s signature Italian restaurant, aboard Pride of America has been transformed into an elegant and intimate venue where guests can enjoy fine Italian fare. The ship’s specialty restaurants East Meets West, Cagney’s Steakhouse and Jefferson’s Bistro also received enhancements to upgrade the venues to a modern look with new flooring, reupholstered furniture, new artwork, lighting fixtures, new window treatments and more.
Also, Pride of America guests can now enjoy new menus in all dining outlets offering more freedom and flexibility to guests with additional choices and à la carte priced items in complimentary dining rooms and specialty restaurants. Building on the success of the enhanced menus aboard Norwegian’s newest ship Norwegian Escape, Pride of America’s new menus now feature increased variety and have been carefully developed by Norwegian’s culinary team with a focus on balancing popular traditional dishes like prime rib, chateaubriand, rack of lamb and escargot with current dining trends and heightened guest expectations.
Pride of America is the only ship that sails year-round from Honolulu on seven-day intra-Hawaii cruises. To book an inter-island Hawaii cruise aboard Pride of America, contact a travel professional, call Norwegian at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit http://www.ncl.com.
Norwegian Cruise Line press release edited by Becky J. Beall for clarity and space. Photos are courtesy of Norwegian as well.