The long awaited arrival of the Carnival Vista is over as the popular cruise line took delivery of the 133,500-ton ship today. A traditional maritime handover ceremony took place at the Fincantieri shipyard in Italy where Carnival Cruise Line added the newest, largest and most innovative ship, Vista, to its fleet.
May 1 will kickoff the summer schedule for this 3,954-passenger ship with European itineraries through the month of October 2016. Following a 13-day trans-Atlantic crossing, Carnival Vista will operate a pair of 11-day cruises from New York in November 2016 then launch year-round Caribbean service from Miami later that month.
Among the unique features Carnival Vista will boast are:
- SkyRide – a groundbreaking suspended cycling experience.
- The first IMAX Theatre at Sea.
- RedFrog Pub & Brewery offering three different kinds of beer brewed on board.
- Family Harbor – special family accommodations and concierge along with the tropics-inspired Havana staterooms and suites offering a dedicated pool area.
- Outdoor spaces include a massive WaterWorks aqua park, highlighted by the 455-foot-long Kaleid-o-slide (the longest slide in the fleet).
“Carnival Vista is a spectacular addition to our fleet and we can’t wait for our guests to experience all of the ship’s exciting new features,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “Carnival Vista will provide our guests an opportunity to create a lifetime of wonderful vacation memories while offering our valued travel agent partners another exciting vacation option to market to their clients,” she added.